How is success measured? Is having a website with a 60 second flash
intro, with a poorly designed site archicture going to produce results?
It's easy to lose sight of your companies goals by trying to keep up
with the latest and greatest.
Don't ask how your visitor would find a specific product on your site, watch them try to do it.
Conundrum Media offers Search Engine Optimization, Internet
Marketing, Web Metrics and Analytics reporting, Web Design and
- Think of success metrics in dollars. For example, "By increasing our conversion rate, sales improved $200,000."
- Focus on trends. See if your metrics increase long-term vs. short-term.
- Emphasize consistency over accuracy. Analytics aren't 100% accurate, so focus on how consistent the metrics are.
- Integrate your site with various metrics to track your customer's behavior from start to finish.
- Your customer controls the buying process and will abandon the site if the experience is bad while shopping for your product.
- Assist your customer in the non-linear buying process, leads and closes through your linear selling process.
- Open up your site so your customer can find what they need. Don’t assume you can predict the path the customer follow.
on content over messaging, architecture over ‘experience’,
social media analysis and interaction over PR.
- Devote your energy to the big picture and focus on things that actually make a difference.